Bird Online Jobs
Contract type: Variable Hours (part-time)
Salary: up to £31.03 per hour
Location: Cardiff University International Study Centre (Cardiff ISC)
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
Cardiff International Study Centre (ISC) launched in September 2020. You would be working in a culture of enhancing learning, teaching and assessment through a developmental approach, which for you will mean autonomy, innovation, and development opportunities.
You will teach on modules on the International Foundation Year (level 3), International Year 1 (level 4) or Pre Masters Programmes (level 6) or a combination of these levels. You will play a key role by contributing to the development of teaching materials and both formative and summative assessment. You will empower students to reach the level they need to progress into university by providing student-centred, engaging, and innovative learning. You’ll undertake marking and feedback on formative and summative assessments.
* Contribute to the delivery and development of modules and teaching sessions offered by the Cardiff ISC
* Prepare and deliver teaching seminars and tutorial sessions, with a normal teaching load of up to 25 hours per week
* Prepare module tests and other forms of formative and summative assessments
* Mark students’ formative and summative assessments submissions and provide timely feedback to students on their performance, including writing regular student reports and tutorials
* Develop and update course material for modules and teaching sessions, including module material for the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE)
* Work with the Centre’s Student Experience team in the delivery of induction, orientation and registration programmes.
* Notify and liaise with colleagues where necessary to ensure all students receive appropriate ongoing welfare and progression support
* Implement quality assurance procedures at module and teaching session-level and contribute to the annual monitoring and review of courses
* Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of student attendance and performance
* Attend and contribute to standardisation, moderation and other quality assurance meetings
* Academic management and personal development
* Participating in regular meetings with teaching and support staff contribute to the effective overall management of the programme and student life cycle
* Maintain and submit accurate and timely records of teaching and other activities
* Participate in regular training and development activities and maintain a log of these activities.
* A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject area (Essential)
* Teaching qualification (Desirable)
* Master’s in a related discipline (Essential for level 6 delivery/ Desirable for level 3)
* Experience teaching in UK higher, further education or sixth form (Essential)
* Experience working with international students (Desirable)
* A student-centred and client-focused approach
* A commitment to continuous professional development.
We are a global pathway provider in International Education, working collaboratively with over 50 universities around the world, offering over 500 undergraduate and postgraduate teaching programmes. Voted as 2017, 2018, 2020, and 2021 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class education to talented students from across the globe.
With a truly global outlook and offices all over the world, our international team uses its expertise, knowledge, and commitment to create opportunities and add value. We are determined to grow and innovate in our field, providing our students and partners with high-quality outcomes across the higher education space.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
We adopt a rolling recruitment process meaning that we review applications as they are submitted. To avoid disappointment, please ensure that you apply ASAP