Bird Online Jobs
Contract type: Full-time (37.5 hours), Permanent
Salary: up to £39,100 per annum
Location: Cardiff University International Study Centre (Cardiff ISC)
Here at Study Group, our Subject Leads provide the academic coordination to deliver excellent student outcomes; quality assurance and enhancement that is commended by the QAA; and curriculum innovation which embeds strong collaborative working with both the University and the network.
Our Cardiff International Study Centre is now looking for a subject lead in business. You will be responsible for coordinating and supporting our academic team. Reporting to the Head of Business and Humanities, you will work closely with colleagues within and outside of the Centre and be accountable for the delivery of contractually required progression rates to the University. You will be responsible for the coordination of Business and related provisions within the centre.
The post-holder will also take responsibility for Foundation, IY1 or PMP matters within the programme area. The successful candidate will have recent successful academic coordination experience in a relevant subject discipline and have a proven ability to engage with an HEI in collaborative developments.
* Communicate our vision to drive forward continuous improvement and enable the Centre to achieve the aspirational targets for student outcomes.
* Contribute to planning and development including human resources; academic development; learning, teaching and assessment; and academic quality assurance and enhancement, as part of the wider Centre Leadership Team (CLT).
* Attend and actively contribute to relevant University partnership Boards and Committees, work with university colleagues through approved liaison points and report regularly on these through the deliberative and management structures.
* Identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats and identify appropriate actions to solve problems and enhance delivery with the other Subject Leads, Heads of Subject and the Senior Management Team.
* Provide effective and efficient academic management and coordination of staff resources across the academic and progression support teams in the College, working closely with the other Subject Leads, Heads of Subjects and the Senior Management Team.
* Taking responsibility for academic standards, the quality of learning opportunities, and the accuracy and completeness of published information, ensuring that they are managed appropriately and in accordance with the policies and procedures of the College.
* Contribute to analysing data and feedback from a wide variety of sources to monitor progress towards progression targets, planning and implementing remedial actions where necessary.
* Produce reports, analyses and evaluations for all internal and external scrutiny processes as directed by the Head of Business and Humanities or Head of Learning and Teaching.
* Work closely with the Head of Student Experience and their function heads to ensure that timetables and assessment schedules are delivered effectively, staff are recruited compliantly, and Professional Services (PS) and Academic staff work together as one team.
* To teach up to 20 hours across modules within the business pathway.
* Work closely with the other Heads of Subject and academic staff to ensure that appropriate, current and relevant subject, academic skills and language development are integrated and embedded in the programme.
* Deputise for Senior leaders as appropriate.
* Build relationships within the organisation and beyond with offices, agents, and sponsors.
* Develop close and effective working relations with key partners within Cardiff University, including Pathway and School Link Tutors.
* A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject area (Essential)
* Teaching qualification (Desirable)
* Master’s in a related discipline (Essential for level 6 delivery/ Desirable for level 3)
* Experience providing feedback to another person about their performance, which achieved a positive improvement.
* Experience HR duties, such as delivering training and taking part in the recruitment process.
* Ability to delegate activities set deadlines and take responsibility for overseeing their successful completion to meet challenging deadlines.
* Experience working with international students and an understanding of welfare, well-being and cultural issues which may arise.
* Experience working across, up and down an organisation as well as with external partners and both national and international stakeholders.
We are a global pathway provider in International Education, working collaboratively with over 50 universities around the world, offering over 500 undergraduate and postgraduate teaching programmes. Voted as 2017, 2018, 2020, and 2021 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class education to talented students from across the globe.
With a truly global outlook and offices all over the world, our international team uses its expertise, knowledge, and commitment to create opportunities and add value. We are determined to grow and innovate in our field, providing our students and partners with high-quality outcomes across the higher education space.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
We adopt a rolling recruitment process meaning that we review applications as they are submitted. To avoid disappointment, please ensure that you apply ASAP