Bird Online Jobs
About The Role
What was it that made you decide to become a nurse?
• Did you want to provide Kind Care and make a difference to people in need?
• Was it your love of learning, and the opportunity to work closely with multi-professional teams in a field that is constantly evolving?
Whatever your reason, at HC One, the Kind Care Company, we can offer you a career where your kindness will be truly rewarded.
Whether you are at the start of your exciting career journey, or have years of experience as a registered nurse, working within a care home environment can be incredibly rewarding
It embodies the practice of nursing, all while building meaningful, long-lasting relationships with Residents and their loved ones.
We are looking for kind nurses to join our dedicated care home teams across the country, offering enhanced rates of pay that progress with your experience alongside a wide range of attractive company benefits.
In your role as a Clinical Unit Manager at HC One, you'll value one thing above all. Kindness. It carries across every aspect of our Dementia, Nursing, Residential and Specialist care homes. Every single person who works here understands that our residents are people just like them with their own stories to tell. And, by joining us, you'll have a wonderful opportunity to give something back to those people.
Being a Clinical Unit Manager will mean taking responsibility for a specific part of the home and delivering the very best level of care. Not to mention running the entire place when the Home Manager and Deputy Home Manager are absent. So, whether you're reporting that the new lady who just came in appears to have some mobility issues, asking a gentleman to provide a sample for monitoring or administering a medicine to someone who', you'll always have resident dignity and wellbeing in mind above all.
You will be a Registered Nurse with a valid Pin number and will understand your commitment to your profession through the standards of practice set by the NMC.
You will have a passion to mentor and share your knowledge with your Colleagues, along with providing support as a practice supervisor and assessor to students. You will understand the importance of effective communication, both verbally and written, and role model professional behaviours.
You will advocate and deliver a person-centred approach to care for the people living in our care home and their families.
Safeguarding is everyone's responsibility and therefore it is important that you are able to recognise the signs which may indicate possible abuse, harm or neglect in its different forms and know what to do if there are any concerns. All colleagues are required to attend safeguarding training appropriate to their role and to undertake additional training in associated areas. You also have the ability to seek appropriate advice and report concerns, including escalation if action is not taken.
About The Company
At HC-One, our purpose is to support those in our care to lead their best lives. As the Kind Care Company, it is our mission to provide the kindest support and care to Residents living in our care homes, as we strive to be the first-choice care provider for Families, our Colleagues and Commissioners in each of the communities that we serve.
We are passionate about ensuring that our current and future Colleagues can be their true selves, and that our workforce represents the communities we serve. We prioritise inclusive working practices and invite applicants from all backgrounds into our HC-One family.
We have a dedicated and professional workforce that strives to always deliver outstanding nursing care. We care about our talented teams and support them in their professional and personal growth.
We are committed to developing people that work for us through robust career pathways, CPD and post graduate programmes.
At HC-One, we ensure that your career is fulfilling and varied so that you feel empowered in your practice and delivery of evidence-based Kind Care.
We are a diverse and inclusive company and we focus on learning from and with each other.
Rewards and benefits
Are you ready to start your rewarding journey as a nurse at one of our HC-One care homes?
We are here to support you through every step of your career and are committed to providing you with a quick and clear process from offering you a position to your very first working day.
To compliment your salary, we offer paid NMC PIN renewal and access to a huge variety of benefits and services to support your physical and psychological wellbeing. Benefits include:
• Paid Enhanced DBS/PVG
• Free uniform
• Homemade meals whilst on shift
• Company pension scheme
• 28 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays (contract dependent)
• Group life Assurance cover
• Award-winning learning and development opportunities, with dedicated support to achieve additional qualifications.
• GP online – a service providing around the clock GP consultation via an interactive app – available to you and your children under 16.
• An opportunity to learn from experienced Colleagues as part of an outstanding and committed team.
• Colleague discounts – access to over 1600 high street discounts including carefully selected discount partners.
• Wellbeing – free of charge access to an independent and confidential Employee Assistance Programme. This gives Colleagues and their families access to 24/7 365 support for a whole range of issues including physical, mental, and financial issues
• Excellent Colleague recognition schemes such as Kindness in Care and Long Service Awards
• An attractive refer a friend scheme of up to £1000 per referral, depending on the role
We want you to have an amazing experience working at HC-One, starting with our commitment to providing the quickest possible turnaround from the point of making you a job offer to you starting with us on day one.
Pay rate is subject to experience and qualifications