Bird Online Jobs
Adecco have an exciting role for a Continuous Improvement Engineering Specialist to join our client in South Ayrshire on a permanent basis. They are a leading biomass company in there market.
As the Continuous Improvement Engineer Specialist you will be working closely with the Head of Production and Head of Engineering to support the implementation of the site development plan with particular focus on developing and embedding a continuous improvement program for the plant.
You will develop the site implementation of a continuous improvement program through programs such as Lean, Six Sigma, Structured Problem Solving, Visual Performance Management, 5S and other currently established continuous improvement practices.
You will have many responsibilities, some will include:
· Develop and deliver all in house training to enable the techniques to be applied appropriately
· Coach and support Leaders in the applied environment in continuous improvement techniques
· Coach and support Leaders in the governance and delivery of improvement projects identified from the plant development plan and enabling delivery within agreed time frame, scope and budget
· Co-ordinate the development of the Lean Six Sigma program within all areas on site, ensuring consistency with principles in the wider operational teams
· Build strong cross functional relationships that ensure the embedding of a sustainable continuous improvement culture. Be responsible for embedding a culture of change management that is rigorously adhered to
· Lead the further development and implementation of business systems, resulting in the delivery of real-time information, which is visible, meaningful and supports the delivery of the site goals and targets
· Create, develop and implement the company Operational Excellence model to help guide the site on route towards specific targeted standards of excellence
· Challenge Leaders to own and drive continuous improvement as a foundation of how they deliver in their roles
To be considered for this exciting role, you must have the following:
Educated to degree level in a relevant engineering discipline, namely Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical or Process
A good level of understanding in continuous improvement principles, namely LEAN or Six Sigma
Knowledge and demonstrable experience of Best in Class manufacturing techniques, processes and principles is essential
Analytical mindset with the ability to translate complex problems into simple solutions
Excellent communication skill
Pragmatic problem solver, with ability to contend & deliver with conflicting constraints
Ability to read and understand engineering drawings
Intermediate level of Word/Excel/Microsoft Project
The ability to be flexible in line with plant demands
Proven ability to adapt to changing situations whilst delivering and completing objectives on time
To discuss this fantastic role please send your CV in today.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website