Bird Online Jobs
Due to ongoing and consistent growth, this thriving, market-leading business is looking for Coppersmith Fabricators to join their well-established Edinburgh based team.
Harnessing over 100 years of experience, this established company specialises in traditional handcrafted Scottish Copper pot stills and Distillation columns for the Whisky and Distilled Spirits industry.
You will be part of the production function responsible for turning clients’ bespoke engineering requirements into finished products through design, planning, manufacture, and quality governance.
Working a Monday to Friday 37.5 hour week, you will attract a competitive starting rate of between £15- £16ph dependent on experience + enhanced overtime rates + site work incentives + 25 holidays + contributory pension (4-8%) + outstanding sick pay benefits + enhanced benefits package, this is an outstanding opportunity to build/further a career in hygienic plant & process.
With over a century of expertise supplying the world’s most prestigious manufacturers, this company have positioned itself at the very forefront of their industry
Working within a multi-skilled team, the Coppersmith Fabricator will be responsible for the handcrafting and forming of the distillation equipment to ensure production schedules are met to deliver projects worldwide.
• Fabrication of Stills and Distillery Equipment
• Sheet metal work fabrication (i.e. marking out, cutting, rolling, folding/press brake, sheet metal and plate bending rolls, drilling)
• TIG / MMA welding of Stainless steel / Mild Steel / Copper
• Reading and fabricating to engineering drawings
• Working safely and adhering to company policies
• Working productively to required timeframes and deadlines.
• Site work as and when needed (driving license required)
Knowledge and Experience:
• Minimum of 3 Scottish National 4 Qualifications or equivalent (to include Math’s & English)
• Experience and competence of Sheet metal work fabrication
• Good written and spoken English
• Clean UK driving license
• 'First Aid at work' Certified (in date)
The successful candidate will undoubtedly be a highly driven Fabricator with a background in sheet metal fabrication.
You will be results driven with a confident and dynamic personality. Self-motivated you will proactively support existing and future teams. A strong focus on quality is essential.
You will also have;
* Willingness to work hard in a physically demanding environment
* Be trustworthy & responsible
* Ability to adapt to new processes and practices
* Display innovate thinking and sharing of ideas for continuous improvements.
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
* Communicate clearly and effectively & able to follow instructions
* Be Flexible to the needs of the business
* Conduct themselves in a professional & punctual manner
* Willingness to travel within the UK and possibly overseas (expenses paid)
In return, you will receive:
* Salary of £15.00 £16ph depending on experience
* Enhanced overtime
* 25 holidays
* Contributory pension (48%)
* Outstanding sick pay benefits
* Outstanding employee benefits package (Discounts/Car scheme/Cycle to work scheme/Life assurance)
* Exposure to major turnkey projects in world-class manufacturing environments from day one
This is an excellent opportunity to join a thriving, stable business and take ownership of this busy role.
If you wish to be considered for this exciting opportunity, please use the ‘apply now’ button or contact Jo Bailey or Jo Eley on (phone number removed) for further details.
BE Engineering Ltd is a relationship-driven recruiting partnership offering a confidential and personalised career service throughout the UK. We are interested to hear from high-calibre professionals across all areas of engineering and manufacturing who are looking for their next progression. Our highly motivated and quality-driven consultancy will work to connect you with the very best opportunities in the market. Contact us now on (phone number removed)