Bird Online Jobs
Alexander Steele Recruitment is working alongside a large UK Food Manufacturing company to find a Distribution Manager to join their site in South Lanarkshire after a large business expansion and internal promotions.
This would be a fantastic opportunity to take the next step in your career and join an organisation that can invest in you and develop your career.
As the Distribution Manager, your main role is to oversee the efficient receipt, storage, and distribution of goods to and from multiple warehouses. You will be responsible for a vital part of the supply chain process through lean and cost-effective management of people, processes, and systems to ensure goods are received, stored, transferred, dispatched and delivered to the customer appropriately and that productivity targets are met.
You will also be responsible for workplace health and safety standards and for the security of the building, Inventory and Goods in Transit.
You will be reporting directly to the Operations Manager, and working as a team, you will be required to deliver KPIs to ensure the department delivers, taking accountability and responsibility for the role you will play.
The salary/package on offer is circa £42,000 + benefits.
* Inventory & Logistical Management experience within an FMCG Manufacturing and Food Production environment
* Strong analytical skills: must feel comfortable working with several sources of data and information to identify relevant insights.
* Experience in Data gathering, quantitative and qualitative data analysis, including business process metrics and measures linking to business KPIs
* Strong personal computer skills and advanced proficiency in the use of excel, including spreadsheet tools.
* Good mathematical/statistical knowledge demonstrated capability in modelling, analysis and simulations tools.
* Manage accuracy of inventory information within computer database (SAP)
This is an opportunity to make a difference and drive change and continuous improvement within an impressive manufacturing facility.
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity, please apply with your most recent CV