Bird Online Jobs
Siltbuster are looking to welcome an Electrical Controls Supervisor to provide functional day to day supervision of the control panel workshop team. You would be responsible for the organisation of work to ensure high levels of electrical control services are delivered. Ensure all safety and compliance standards are met and to provide electrical technical assistance to the wider team when necessary.
Siltbuster Ltd is a water treatment company providing rapidly deployable modular solutions to the Construction, Food and Beverage as well as the Wastewater Industries.
Our specialist services are used by the through the UK construction industry as well as a number of household brands producing anything from crisps to beans to whisky.
The business ensures that environmental resilience is provided in a responsive approach to water treatment in delivering solutions for our customers across the UK and overseas.
The purpose of this role is to provide functional day to day supervision of the control panel workshop team and organisation of work to ensure high levels of electrical control services are delivered. Ensure all safety and compliance standards are met and to provide electrical technical assistance to the wider team when necessary.
– Supervise electrical control workshop activities and the team on a day-to-day basis
– Plan, prioritise and organise resources and work for efficient and effective service delivery
– Interpret and understand electrical control system requirements from company and clients’ documents (drawings, specifications, correspondence, etc)
– Ensure detailed and accurate electrical schematic drawings are made and maintained
– Build and programme of electrical control assemblies and systems and implement design amendments where required
– Support with the design and undertake preparation of power, control, cable and instrumentation schedules
– Assist with developing electrical test plans, evaluating and testing functional performance prior to dispatch and contributing to the development of operation and maintenance manuals and supporting project documentation
– As and when required, provide remote and on-site electrical control technical advice to field technical engineers, project managers and clients, during and post installation., testing and commissioning of equipment. Ensure conformance to specification and client expectations. Participate in an on-call duty roster when required.
– Determine equipment delivery dates for control panels and ensure effective communication of these to relevant areas.
– Lead by example in role modelling positive SHEQ behaviours and company values
– Ensure self and all staff are familiar with and follow company policies, safety systems of work and codes of practice, are trained and competent to perform their job role, wear and maintain appropriate protective safety equipment
– Ensure adequate and regular risk assessment and job hazard assessment for workshop environment and activities, mitigating for risk and solving operational issues.
– Ensure all work is performed safely, to a high level of quality and in compliance with company, legal, regulatory and codes of practice
– Promptly report any matters affecting health, safety and environment in accordance with company reporting systems
– Ensure the provision of a clean and safe working environment and appropriate, adequate and safe equipment and ensure any waste materials are disposed of appropriately
– Proactively identify opportunities for improvement in processes, products and services, and assist in implementing strategies for increasing efficiencies, productivity, quality, safety and customer satisfaction
– Support the implementation and improvement of relevant standards and specifications for Company equipment, installation and other relevant business processes
– Proactively develop own knowledge and skills
– In depth knowledge of current legislation affecting design, control and implementation of electrical systems
– Good understanding of process engineering design (desirable)
– Able to read and understand detailed control philosophies
– Good knowledge of health, safety and environmental regulations and codes of practice
– Good understanding of ISO 14001 and 9001:2015 standards
– Some understanding of process commissioning and test schedules
– Good team management skills including setting goals, clear effective communication, motivating others, delegation of work, managing time, priorities, and conflict
– Developing a team through mentoring and coaching
– Able to read, understand and work from Process and Instrument designs.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Competent in the design, build, testing, installation and commissioning of control panels and systems
– Fluent working knowledge of IT packages including AutoCAD, Microsoft Office.
– Ability to adapt to a continuously changing environment and reacting quickly to meet challenges.
– Ability to quickly learn new skills
– HNC or equivalent in Electrical Engineering
– 18th edition Wiring Regulations
– Requirements for Electrical Installations (BS7671:2018)
– ECS or CSCS
– At least 3 years previous experience of working within an electrical or controls engineering environment and demonstrate proven controls design experience.
– Strong knowledge of control panels, industrial communication systems and process instrumentation.
– Nebosh/Iosh safety qualification.
– Full UK Driving License.
Siltbuster are pleased to offer:
* A Competitive Salary
* Annual Bonus Scheme
* 25 days Annual holiday leave + 8 days for Bank Holidays
* Contributory Pension scheme
* Supporting personal and professional development
* Wellness Programmes
* Onsite parking
Workdry International Ltd is committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion among our workforce, and eliminating unlawful discrimination