Bird Online Jobs
First Integrated Solutions have an opportunity for an experienced Electrical Technician to join the team on a full time, permanent basis, based in Bridge of Don, Aberdeen.
Responsible for the maintenance of various electrical equipment and plant the successful candidate will hold a recognised Trade Apprenticeship, hold extensive knowledge in electrical systems with the ability to interpret electrical system drawings and electrical engineering drawings / plans and ideally hold the following certification; COMPEX, and PAT Testing.
What will you do?
This list does not represent an exhaustive list but indicates the main responsibilities the post holder will be required to undertake:
* Responsible for maintenance and testing of plant, systems, and equipment in line with applicable standards, work instructions and procedures.
* Responsible for fault-finding and repair of plant, systems and equipment which can be at company facilities or at client site as required.
* Ensure that work area is safe to carry out activities and carry out risk assessments as required.
* Evaluate results of fault-finding, ensuring components are replaced and installed in accordance with applicable work instructions and procedure.
* Commissioning and recertification of plant, systems within the parameters of the applicable specification and procedures.
* Produce a clear and concise report of components tested, repaired, and replaced ensuring signed off on all component parts.
* Populate/ Produce certification with equipment details and ensuring information is correct and signed.
* Communicate timelines for repairs to those impacted as appropriate.
* Perform preventative maintenance in accordance with company procedures.
* Provide support and training to Workshop / Electrical Trainees in accordance with the company’s Competence Assurance Programme.
* Ensure electrical systems adhere to the national electrical safety standards and regulations.
* Assist with any other duties as and when required
Your Qualifications & Experience?
* Recognised Trade Apprenticeship in Electrical Engineering and / Maintenance.
* Extensive knowledge of electrical systems.
* Ability to interpret electrical system drawings and electrical engineering drawings/plans.
* Experience in the disassembly, inspection, maintenance and test of plant, systems, and equipment.
* The ability to accurately identify various electrical fittings and components.
* The ability to evaluate component condition.
* Portable Appliance Testing (PAT) certification.
* Full UK Driving License
Who are you?
* Organised and structured approach to work
* Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
* Flexible approach, team player and ability to work independently
* Excellent problem-solving skills
First Tech Group companies include First Marine Solutions, First Integrated Solutions, First Subsea, First Competence, Mooring Systems based in Aberdeen, Montrose, Dundee, Glasgow, Lancaster, and London