Bird Online Jobs
South Wales (Heads of the Valleys)
Sphere solutions are currently working with a regional civil engineering contractor on the heads of the valleys highways project, and they have asked us to recruit an engineering surveyor on a permanent basis.
Our client undertake projects ranging from bulk earthworks through to complex and heavy civil engineering projects as both principal and subcontractor. They are currently subcontracting on the HOV project and are looking for new candidates to bring in on a permanent basis.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities (Engineering Surveying / Site Engineering)
* Carry out initial surveys of existing ground level, interim surveys and final surveys of completed work.
* Use survey instruments and other methods to measure volumes as works proceed.
* Produce interim measurements (daily / weekly) of work completed on allocated section, for use in applications for payment by the quantity surveyor(s) / measuring against programme.
* Produce back up information of surveys, in form of CAD drawings, models and reports using appropriate software.
* Agreement of measures with Senior Engineering Surveyor.
* Provide Quality Assurance records in terms of dimensional control.
* Competent with installing, calibrating and maintaining Trimble Machine Control Systems.
* Experienced with TBC, LSS, CAD and Trimble Works Manager software.
* Qualified and experienced as UAV Pilot (A2cofc as minimum).
* Processing of UAV derived survey data via PIX4D software.
* Maintain good upkeep of all survey instrumentation. Inform Survey Manager of defects in a timely manner.
* Install and maintain accurate site control networks, provide verification reports on their accuracy.
* Understanding and adhering to, current designs, models and specifications.
* Responsible for own health and safety and that of others around you.
* Responsible for adhering to all company policies and procedures, representing MJC in a positive manner.
* Full UK driving license.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities (Engineering, Materials & Supervision)
* Provide setting out for earthworks, civils works, material placement, site setup and level control.
* Utilise supplied DTM models for control check of levels.
* Utilise stats drawings, GPR surveys and other records to produce excavation permits.
* Identify existing services, via a variety of means and clearly marking out on site.
* Monitoring the performance and accuracy of machine control systems.
* Assist Site Management Team in advising subcontractors, crafts people and operatives.
* Check and review plans and schedules, for accuracy of calculations.
* Assist site team in ensuring quality of materials and general workmanship.
* Assist site team in the requisition of materials and plant.
* Liaise with consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, quantity surveyors and the like.
* Attend and contribute to, internal and external progress meetings.
* Assist with day to day management of the site. Including supervision and monitoring of site labour force.
* And the work of subcontractors.
On offer, is the opportunity to join a prestigious project with a great pipeline of work. If this is something of interest for you, then please don’t hesitate to get in touch