Bird Online Jobs
Please note we are hiring in various UK locations
At Caljan we pride ourselves in looking after our people. Creating an environment where everyone can be themselves is top of our list, somewhere that everyone can keep learning and thrive within their career.
Due to continued growth, we are looking to recruit a passionate Field Service Engineer to join our growing team .This is a home-based role, visiting customer sites and the ideal location for the successful candidate, but not limited to, is: Scotland
Field Service Engineers are a critical resource for the Service department at Caljan, as they work on Customer sites and are responsible for the delivery of the contracted services and allow for added-value activities to be performed for the Customer.
Excellence in Planned and Preventive Maintenance and Services
* Conduct routine Planned, Preventive, Predictive and Routine maintenance works, to Automated Material Handling Equipment and Systems across the Region.
Provision of End of Live Maintenance Services and other Service Improvement Projects
* Service Operations Excellence with End of Life and other Service Improvement Projects (Repairs, Rebuild, Refurbishments, Modifications, Upgrades), to ensure that customers, receive the agreed level of service and support according to the agreed Contract KPIs and SLAs
Competence, Self-Improvement, and Training
* Ensure that your level of training, competence and experience is in line with the appropriate job level, as defined in the FSE Career plan and Master Skills Matrix
* Dedicated to continuous professional development and learning; self-improvement and keeping up to date with industry specific developments and changes
Customer Satisfaction and Added Value
* Improve all aspects of Customer satisfaction possible during the fulfilment of the duties, co-ordination and communication with the customer in support of their needs
* Identify other potential ways to improve service, increase sales and add value for the Customer
Health and Safety
* Ensure that the Company Health and Safety, Service and Maintenance procedures and standards are always followed and always maintained
* Proactively ensure personal safety and the safety of others by complying with the Company’s health and safety policies and procedures.
* Employees have responsibilities for their safety whilst at work and to co-operate with the Company on all health & safety requirements.
Flexibility / Ad hoc requests:
* Support other Service Projects and Service Site Operations, as required on an ad hoc or temporary basis (i.e. holiday and sickness cover, site management support, installation support, latent defect investigation, training courses etc.)
What will you bring to the role?
* Electrical / Mechanical Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience in similar work – (HND/HNC/Apprenticeship)
* Preferred Electrical Qualifications – NVQ Level 3 / Diploma or City & Guilds 2391, 2394 and 2395, or EAL Inspection and Testing and Initial Verification qualifications
* Minimum Electrical Qualification – Access to Building Services; Electrotechnical Craft (Level 2); or (c) Technicals in Building Services Engineering; (d) MGTS Mechanical to Electrical Conversion
* Strong communication skills with an ability to interact with customers and other interested stakeholders.
* 25 days holiday + bank holidays
* Life Assurance
* Healthcare cash back scheme
* Reward & recognition
* Mental health first aiders
* Social events
* Friendly and welcoming environment
* Wellness and Benefits package
* Continuous growth and support through frequent role evaluations