Bird Online Jobs
Who are we?
First Marine Solutions (FMS) are a service provider to the local and international renewables and oil & gas sectors specialising in the engineering, design, procurement, installation, and maintenance of mooring systems for floating platforms. FMS also specialise in the planning and undertaking of marine activities related to floating platforms such as towage, vessel loadouts, marine assurance, and assisting with location planning and consent.
An entry position within FMS on a path to becoming a Marine Consultant/Tow Master. Through development opportunities provided the successful candidate will become an integral part of FMS’ Marine Department planning and executing a variety of marine activities supporting our clients within the Renewables and Oil and Gas industries.
What will you do?
* Liaise with Marine Consultants daily updating project status within internal reporting system.
* Assist to prepare quotes and costs for client, seeking advice and guidance where necessary.
* Assist with preparation of operation specific procedures, risk assessments and any other marine documentation within their competency for clients, according to industry standards, unit specification and client instructions.
* Attend operational meetings with clients and update deliverables as required.
* Assist with vessel briefings and offshore team briefings with regards to the operation specific procedure where and when applicable.
* Assist to review and assess project reports after the completion of offshore operation seeking guidance and support as required.
* Attend offshore operations as part of a structured training programme with the view of becoming a fully trained Tow Master; offshore roles would also include Deck Supervisor and Client Marine Representative roles as required.
* Assist in the undertaking of marine assurance work scopes on behalf of clients.
* Assist to ensure the technical requirements of all activities are managed and delivered in accordance with business requirements.
* Maintain awareness of operational and commercial risk relating to the marine function.
* Assist to undertake technical work, contributing to service delivery, in accordance with client and company expectation, in a timely, accurate, safe and cost-effective manner.
* Work towards gaining full knowledge of policies, standards and procedures for the engineering technical work delivered by the function.
* Gain knowledge of FMS business activities and gain technical competency though ongoing professional development such as training courses, work-shadowing, and self-study.
* Participate in consultation and negotiation with clients regarding work specifications and parameters.
* Gain and maintain a network of contacts, maintaining a high profile and promoting and representing the business through professional conduct in and out of work.
* Work with the wider FMS functions to increase the company’s involvement with existing clients and promotion of additional FMS services.
* Develop and make presentations as necessary, both internally and externally.
* Assist with any other duties as and when required.
Your Qualifications & Experience
* Minimum of OOW certification of competence
* Effective / competence MS Office Suite user
* Degree in marine related subject and / or minimum 2 years' experience working onboard offshore vessels as a bridge team member.
* Offshore survival training and medicals
* Knowledge of offshore mooring operations
As a development role, FMS shall consider candidates who may not hold the preferred qualifications and experience and are willing to work with individuals to gain competencies and experience where suitable.
Who are you?
* Good team worker with good interpersonal skills and ability to operate effectively at all business levels and with confidence an ability to take lead on tasks where indicated.
* Good planning and organisational skills with a mature approach working autonomously.
* High level of communication skills both written and verbal.
* Detail focused and drive to complete tasks to a high standard.
* Comfortable working in a small office environment.
* Proactive and self-motivating, with ability to prioritise tasks and efficiently meet deadlines.
* Ability to work internationally and offshore.
First Tech Group companies include First Marine Solutions, First Integrated Solutions, First Subsea, First Competence, Mooring Systems based in Aberdeen, Montrose, Dundee, Glasgow, Lancaster, and London