Bird Online Jobs
Founded in 1901, The Club is the oldest and largest in the world for all forms of camping. We are a leading UK membership organisation, providing a wealth of products and services covering all aspects of camping and caravanning in the United Kingdom and abroad.
Our turnover is c£60m, we operate a network of 120 UK campsites, have over 200 employees based in our modern, Coventry office with an additional 500 employees at our campsites seasonally.
We are currently recruiting for a Head of Finance to join our established Finance department. Reporting to the Director of Finance, HR and Business Systems the successful candidate will lead a Finance Team of 11 employees.
As a customer facing, multi-site leisure organisation we are looking for an inspiring leader who will take ownership of the Clubs finance function, providing technical expertise as well as input on both strategic and operational levels.
Main duties include:
* Empowering a team to excel in their roles, by guiding, supporting and setting clear objectives
* Taking responsibility for ensuring the Club is compliant with current accounting practices
* Coordinate and oversee the monthly reporting requirements of the organisation, providing the Finance, HR and Business Systems Director with a comprehensive reporting pack
* Coordinate and oversee the production of the annual financial statements, culminating in a consolidated Group financial statement
* Manage the external audit process, liaising with auditors and tax advisors
* Coordinate and oversee the production of the annual budget for the Club and its subsidiaries, providing the Finance, HR and Business Systems Director with a comprehensive budget pack
* Responsibility for ensuring the Club meets its obligations as a VAT registered organisation
* Manage the Club’s relationship with HMRC
Applicants should possess the following:
* A professional Accountancy Qualification with proven post qualification experience
* The ability to prepare and present meaningful information to all levels
* A strong team focus with a talent for leading, motivating and developing individuals
* Strong influencing and business partnering skills
The Camping and Caravanning Club is a fantastic place to work, with a supportive and dedicated team.
If you require any further information or would like a conversation in confidence, please contact Barny Baker (Recruitment Manager).
Due to the high volume of applications normally received unfortunately it is not possible for the Club to communicate back with each applicant so please note that if you do not hear from the Club within 2 weeks of sending your application you should assume that unfortunately you have not been successful on this occasion. Candidates selected for interview will normally be contacted by telephone and email.
The Camping and Caravanning Club actively promotes equality, diversity and inclusion. We match the needs of the Club with skills and experience of candidates, irrespective of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation