Bird Online Jobs
Head of Systems Delivery
Location Cardiff / Remote / international travel
Salary £120,000 per annum
Benefits 5% matched pension, Life Assurance (4 x salary), Healthcare, Income Protection
The role is to manage the Systems Delivery department which is a part of the Operations division. The role of the Systems Delivery department is to manage the delivery of large systems projects with customer worldwide including project management, customer liaison, training, installation, configuration and commissioning.
The project implementation business model is to contract with a single In-country Partner (ICP) to undertake all installation and ongoing support work at a fixed fee, with the Systems Delivery team, providing technical training and support to the ICP to enable them to undertake their contracted tasks.
The Systems Delivery team is split into two main functions: Project Management (including PMO, in country project managers, customer success and training) and Field Systems Engineers who travel to site to perform the major technical installation tasks and to train and mentor the ICPs.
Your role will be to take total ownership of the running of this department, with the objective of ensuring the successful implementation of these large projects to the satisfaction of our customers, whilst minimising costs, and in strict accordance to the system design. This will entail directing your own delivery team resources to train and support the ICP in their contract work and liaising with other departments such as supply chain and logistics and product management for support services into the projects.
The Systems Delivery Team normally works from the Cardiff office and the expectation is that you would be present in the Cardiff office several days each month, between which you are also likely to need to travel to Asia and or Middle East (1-2 weeks every couple of months)
Skills & Experience Required:
The successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate the following:
• Extensive experience of managing overseas large complex systems delivery projects, ideally with a substantial technical/IT element and also with a civil works element.
• Experience of working with government level customers in overseas locations, understanding and working with different cultures.
• A strong grasp of managing multiple projects each with their own budget, resource constraints and challenging schedule.
• A high level of common sense and pragmatism, with an ability to resolve problems and overcome barriers.
• Excellent people skills with the ability to forge relationships with customers and ICPs and to support and motivate the team.
• An ability to see and perceive beyond the paperwork in order to spot and anticipate gaps in projects that will need to be filled if the customer is to be satisfied.
• An ability to manage demanding government customers in a non-confrontational, persuasive and empathic manner in order to ensure co-operation.
• Strong presentation skills.
• Understanding of different cultures and an open mind to understand different processes and customs in different countries