Bird Online Jobs
Come and join the UK's largest provider of complex care. We proudly employ over 4000+ people – no matter what your experience, we have jobs for everyone.
We have an amazing opportunity for Support Workers to join our caring and support team at our service Moorpark Place.
Moorpark Place is a specialist supported living service for adults who are on the Autistic Spectrum. Located in a peaceful and stunning setting in Kilbirnie, North Ayrshire, we specialise in providing supportive, therapeutic care.
The layout at Moorpark Place is unique and different to many other specialist adult autism services in the UK. Our community consists of 25 individual houses set in their own grounds with some shared facilities. With this arrangement our residents can enjoy all aspects of individual living whilst being part of a smaller community. We support people who would struggle to live independently because they need help with everyday tasks and managing their own home. Our aim is to support our residents to have an enjoyable and engaging life, both on and off site.
There is a communal gym with a gym instructor, conservatory, sunken trampoline and swing, plus a walled, sensory garden. There are regular community activities and residents are often seen socialising in the grounds.
Moorpark Place is calm and tranquil and has a huge grassed area outside, where residents often walk and many have reported they feel calmer afterwards. The walled garden is kept as a quiet, sensory area.
What you'll be working:
Moorpark is a 24/7 service 365 days a year. The majority of our shifts are from 8am to 8pm or 8pm to 8am.
We have some support packages where sleepovers are used too.
What you'll be doing:
As a Support Worker you will:
* Build relationships with patients, which are open and two way
* Support patients to undertake their rehabilitation programme
* Establish methods of communication with patients, reducing barriers when necessary
* Assist patients with mealtimes where necessary
* Support with activities of daily living and personal care when needed
* Communicate any issues to the clinical team
* Accurately report and/or record work activities
What you'll have:
* A genuine interest in providing the best person centre care possible for our young people
* The ability to communicate effectively at all levels
* Experience working within the care sector / mental health would be an advantage but not essential
We also want to ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable facilities to participate in job applications or interviews to perform essential job functions. To support this, we are a Disability Confident committed employer.
Please note that sponsorship is not available – you must already have the right to work in the UK
What to look forward to:
25 days holiday plus the bank holidays
Holiday that increases with service!
Retail & Restaurant Discounts
Annual Colleague Awards
Colleague referral scheme – earn a bonus of up to £1000 for referring someone you know!
Wellbeing support and activities
Career development and world class training
Enhanced Sick Pay
Enhanced Maternity Pay