Bird Online Jobs
Mach Recruitment are currently looking for HGV Mechanics to be based at a clients site in Glasgow, this role would suit either a newly qualified or experienced HGV Engineer. There are both day or night shifts available plus a £1000 joining bonus!
We will be looking for you to be able to demonstrate:
* Time served Technician with City & Guilds or Equivalent
* Minimum 1 year post Apprentice experience.
* Safety Inspections
* Routine Maintenance
* General mechanical ability.
* Enthusiastic, Team Player, Flexible.
It would be advantageous if you had:
* DAF product experience.
* Irtec Licence.
* HGV Licence.
Main duties will be:
1. Service and Inspect vehicles completely and report orally or in writing upon the vehicles condition, safety and reliability and performance (MOT).
2. Diagnose. observe, recognise and report on vehicle or component defects or symptoms of impending failure.
3. To ensure all service and maintenance sheets, customer defect reports, manufacturer paperwork and electronic documentation, i.e., DAF-check, PDI sheets are fully completed and signed off.
4. To interpret and implement technical service instructions data, to ensure a repair or replacement component is replaced or repair in line with manufactures instruction.
5. You may on occasions be asked to carry out roadside repairs and to recover defective or damaged vehicles within the terms of the law. Fully comply with Manufacturer’s protocol and policies and safe working at roadside.
6. To draw the Supervisor/Workshop Controllers attention to any faults notice in either the interests of the owner or other faults that could make the vehicle dangerous or illegal if taken out on a public highway.
7. To protect all vehicles under repair against damage and to inspect each vehicle for damage and cleanliness upon completion of repair.
8. To attend recognised courses of instruction as and when required and to assist in the training of apprentices upon assignment.
9. To maintain a high standard of cleanliness within the working area and a presentable personal appearance whilst always observing the Group Health & Safety and Environmental Policy.
10. To report any broken or faulty equipment to your Supervisor/Manager in line with our Group Health & Safety Policy.
Please apply via this advert or contact Matt Maddison at Mach Recruitment