Bird Online Jobs
Our client is a leading Scottish Timber Merchant with several depots across Central Scotland and a well-established client base that stretches back several years.
As the Internal Sales Executive you will work within a team to manage and maintain our existing client database with responsibilities including:
* Selling a range of timber and building products including fencing, flooring, cement, slabs, posts, nails, screws, etc.
* Predominantly dealing with inbound traffic via telephone and email.
* Establishing strong relationships
* Generating and sending off quotations for clients and following up on them
* Accessing dedicated customer bases encouraging repeat business
* Promoting new product ranges
* Aiming to increase average order value
* Sourcing non-standard products and negotiating prices
* Chasing new business
* Supporting the external and internal sales teams where possible
* A minimum 1 years’ experience of working within a sales role for a merchant
* Sound knowledge of timber or building materials, both heavy and light side
* Excellent customer service skills, will put the customer first, focusing on finding solutions for them and building trust
* Ability to achieve and exceed sales targets
* Excellent telephone manner with the ability to influence and build rapport quickly with our customers whilst offering great service