Bird Online Jobs
Would you like to work for a business a entering a sustained and rapid growth phase?
Do you want to work in company seeking to deliver excellence without compromise?
If the answer is yes then this Lead Engineer position could be for you!
Your technical experience of delivering distributed IT systems projects, installing server application software, install and configuration of typical data centre equipment, managing small teams, and working with government level customers (or similar) will enable you to successfully lead a team of 4 in a company who in the last 3 years has signed £70m of new system contracts and has a pipeline of 15 further projects. This means a steady stream of very significant work over many years driven by a trend of countries wanting to secure, protect and manage their coastlines and marine domains.
Your team will sit within the Operations division whose job it is to manage the delivery of large systems projects including project management, customer liaison, training, installation, configuration, and commissioning. The project implementation business model is to contract with a single In-country Partner (ICP) to undertake all installation and ongoing support work at a fixed fee, with the Systems Delivery team, providing technical training and support to the ICP to enable them to undertake their contracted tasks.
This is a technical role and it is an essential part of the work to be on site with in-country partners (primarily South East Asia and Middle East) and customers, installing, commissioning, and testing, coaching and mentoring engineers from in-country partner companies.
Your background will include:
* Substantial technical experience of distributed IT systems
* Experience of managing teams
* Experience of working with government level customers in overseas locations, understanding and working with different cultures.
* Ability to work on site with in-country partners and customers, installing, commissioning, and testing plus coaching and mentoring engineers from in-country partner companies
* Experience of installing server application software and the install and configuration of typical data centre equipment, switches, servers, storage, and UPS.
You’ll receive a starting salary of up to £70,000 depending on the value you can add, Annual salary review, 5% Pension, Private Healthcare, 25 days holiday, Life Insurance, Income Protection, Sick pay, and of course flexible home working.
If you’d like to know more please apply or get in touch directly.
Please note applications requiring VISA sponsorship will not be considered