Bird Online Jobs
Our client, bespoke architectural metalwork manufacturers, are recruiting for a new Maintenance Technician to join their South Ayrshire offices.
As Maintenance Technician, you will be required to carry out planned and preventative maintenance of assigned production machinery. In addition, you will manage, resolve, and prioritize daily repairs or technical problems that may arise during the shift. The Maintenance Technician will also be expected to support the need of production at all times.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT
* A time served maintenance engineer with both an electrical and mechanical background (multi-disciplined)
* 18th Edition electrical qualification
* Good working knowledge of H&S, including knowledge of lock out/tag out
* Manufacturing experience (desirable)
* Good communication skills – verbal and written
* Computer literate, with a solid understanding of all Microsoft applications
* Excellent attention to detail
* Optimize the effectiveness of the machinery with regards to quick fault finding and rectifying problems
* Carry out a schedule of preventative maintenance and servicing of machines and equipment
* Understand the operation of plant and machines, knowledge of the function, composition, and procedure of the production equipment
* Early detection of potential technical problems, monitoring and assuring the quality of parts, components, and products
* Assisting with the setting up and changing over of all machines
* Responsibility for monitoring and ensuring quality e.g., measuring and testing according to plan, fault recording, supervision of gauges, etc.
* Maintaining cleanliness, tidiness, and discipline to company standards
* To ensure daily entries are recorded in the shift logbook for the handing over of information to next shift
* Actively participate in the development of apprentices / trainees, where required
* Give commitment to overtime working and flexibility to ensure workloads are complete before leaving shift and to offer full support to maintenance colleagues, playing an active role as a team member within the department
* Attend call-outs when required and / or as per a call out rota
* To adhere to company policy with regard to health and safety and all other company policies
* Carry out relevant training as and when required
* To undertake any reasonable request from Directors, Managers, and other members of staff
* To work within the company management system, processes, and procedures, so as to be fully compliant with all standards, legislation, governance and specifications
* To ensure the strategic direction, quality, environmental, health and safety policies are understood and where required the objectives, targets and key performance indicators are measured, evaluated, and reported to demonstrate continuous improvement of the management system
* Ensure all activities enhances customer satisfaction and meet the requirements of all interested parties and that activities reduce or eliminate pollution to the land, sea and air
* To promote and use the philosophy of reduce, re-use or recycle of all wastes, materials, and products.
Please note that the fortnightly shift pattern for this position is Monday – Friday for 2 weeks day shift, 6am-2pm, and then 2 weeks 2pm – 10pm
REMUNERATION PACKAGE ON OFFER
Competitive Salary and Benefits Package Follow Red on LinkedIn