Bird Online Jobs
* £10.00 per hour
* Treforest Ind. Est.
* Temporary to Permanent Vacancy
Hours of work: 3 Shift Pattern (rotation)
– Days 07.00-15.00
– Afternoons 15.00-23.00
– Nights 23.00-07.00
As part of our partnership with a leading injection moulding manufacturer in the Pontypridd area our client is looking to appoint a Material Handler.
The main purpose of the role will be to manage how raw materials are stored, documented, and distributed. The role will extend to ensure quality checks on materials ensuring they are of the highest quality and issued to production teams in a timely and efficient manner.
* Handling and control of all raw material in the stores departments and on the factory floor to ensure all materials are located correctly and scanned in correct location.
* Issue and transport raw material from the store to the factory location driers and day bins, recording all movements as they happen with the bar code scanners.
* Management of raw materials from the bulk store in the outback via the bulk material feed system, keeping the system well fed and issuing materials as needed.
* Emptying and clean down of machine hoppers and return of left-over materials in part bags to the mezzanine store.
* Weighing and recording of part bags and scanning and return to store in a controlled manner.
* Use trolley to visit workstations and collect product regularly to ensure smooth flow of finished product.
* Review stocks of raw materials insuring reduction in waste and maximising compacity utilisation on the shop floor.
* Good Housekeeping (5S), ensuring mould machines, factory and surrounding areas and mezzanine store are clean and tidy Skills and Experience.
* Experience within a similar role and industry.
* It would be desirable for candidates to come from the plastics/injection moulding industry.
Acorn Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy