Bird Online Jobs
I am currently looking for an experienced, M&E Quantity Surveyor / Estimator for one of my clients based in Cardiff.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, the QS will work closely with the project management team, be responsible for the assisting in the provision of M&E surveying services and provide expert advice on all commercial aspects of construction projects including management of costs and contractual matters.
Description of Key Duties:
1. Estimating and cost planning.
2. Procurement advice.
3. Contract administration and cost control.
4. Work with clients on variations to the contract.
5. Allocate work to subcontractors.
6. Value completed work and arrange payments.
7. Cost reporting and final account preparation.
8. Undertake cost analysis for repair and maintenance project work.
9. Provide advice on contractual claims.
10. Work closely with Project Managers, attend meetings and undertake site visits.
11. To have knowledge and understanding of the workplace health and safety regulations.
The Quantity Surveyor should have:
– Requisite knowledge about the construction industry
– Excellent numeracy and data analysis skills
– Effective communication skills
– Good organisational and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and achieve deadlines
This is a full time, permanent contract
Salary: £35,000.00- £50,000.00 per year
For more information on this position please either submit your CV or call Steve @ BMSL