Bird Online Jobs
GMP Recruitment are proud to be partnered with a highly successful manufacturer with an international reach. We are currently supporting their recruitment for an experienced, driven and passionate Operations Director to join their team on a full time, permanent contract, working from their Herefordshire base.
As Operations Director, you will provide strategic leadership to the operations department (consisting of Packaging, Operational Engineering & Warehouse).
If you are looking for an opportunity to join a hugely successful and continually growing business that can offer fantastic benefits, then this is the opportunity for you.
The ideal candidate with demonstrate previous experience and a director level, with a thorough knowledge of cGMP requirements and a proven track record of working to MHRA and FDA regulatory requirements. You will understand Lean &/or Six Sigma training and have knowledge of manufacturing processes and process improvement techniques
Operations Director main duties:
* Providing inspirational leadership in the Operations team (including Packaging, Operational Engineering and Warehouse) in line with company objectives, policies and business plan.
* Responsible for the packaging of commercial and clinical pharmaceutical products
* Responsible for all Warehouse & Production activities
* Responsible for the Operational Engineering Team
* Develop ‘Action Plans’ with team to address shortfalls, or recovery plan to address why not achieving.
* Facilitate meetings for problem solving and feedback to the General Manager.
* Develop & communicate area, team and individual objectives, goals & milestones.
* Develop and drive completion of short & long-term CI action plans for all activities in your areas.
* Chair and effectively manage daily departmental meetings
* Define and drive completion of short, medium and long-term action plans to maintain the equipment and rooms to acceptable levels of GMP.
* Use KPI performance data to coach/explain issues and formulate plans with team.
* Ensure 100% objectives compliance for Direct Reports when setting mid & year-end reviews. Monitor & support the personal growth of your team via people performance management
* Lead your team in a style that encourages trust, confidence, involvement and commitment to the achievement of agreed targets
* Actively seek and identify CI opportunities for your team to develop new working methods. Coach your team to achieve goals by developing ‘ownership’ of Process
* Develop a training plan for Direct Reports and link with HR via Production Manager.
* Solicit 360º performance feedback from customers, suppliers, colleagues and reports. Manage any issues proactively through escalation or action plan procedures
* Develop cost-effective Team Growth Plan and present to General Manager
* To undertake such tasks and to manage specific internal or ad hoc projects as and when required to meet department and business needs and within the scope of the job-holder’s capabilities and responsibilities.
Operations Director required skills and experience:
* The post holder will ideally have significant relevant experience in the Pharmaceutical Industry.
* A thorough knowledge of cGMP requirements and a proven track record of working to MHRA and FDA regulatory requirements.
* Good understanding of Lean &/or Six Sigma Training
* Knowledge of manufacturing processes.
* Knowledge of continuous and process improvement techniques
* Experience of commercial packaging and clinical trial supplies together with appropriate management experience within a Pharmaceutical Manufacturing and Services environment.
* Previous experience in the pharmaceutical industry at senior level.
* Able to make rational, logical and balanced judgements
* Previous team development and leadership skills essential.
* Experience in managing change within a team environment
* Customer focused and committed to putting customer requirements first
Note: due to location, a driving licence is essential for this position.
This position will operate on a Monday – Friday, 09:00am – 17:30pm basis.
You will be offered a highly competitive basic salary, which is demonstrable with experience plus management bonus inclusion and excellent additional company benefits.
Immediate starts are available for the successful candidate, so if you are interested, click apply NOW!
GMP Recruitment are recruiting for this role on behalf of their client and are acting as a Recruitment Agency