Bird Online Jobs
Orion Group are working exclusively with a well-established family business based in the Highland capital, who are looking to appoint an Operations Manager to oversee and develop their operational capabilities and in turn, drive the business forward.
Established in 1957, Williamson Foodservice is a family-owned business headquartered in Inverness with depots in Stornoway and Glasgow. Specialising in fresh and chilled food and drink, they operate a temperature-controlled fleet which services the hospitality and retail industries throughout the North of Scotland and Western Isles.
Responsibilities include, developing and executing the operational plan to drive safety, process monitoring and productivity, along with team development to meet the growth needs of the business. Daily management of the operations team and cross department alignment will be required to ensure key deliverables and customer expectations are met.
* Day to day responsibility for staff planning and delivery of the production and distribution plan.
* Establish an operational plan to create goals with measurable steps to engage the team around.
* Develop team ownership and accountability with a "win together" mindset.
* Liaise effectively across departments and management of team to ensure priorities are met and plans are aligned.
* Create lean initiatives to optimise the workflow and drive efficiencies to improve throughput and reduce waste.
* Coach and develop the team to maximize their potential and increase engagement.
* Ensuring that all staff and facilities comply with relevant health & safety and food handling legislation.
* Deputising for the General Manager in his absence.
Ideally looking for someone from a strong operational and managerial background, with experience in lean process and continuous improvement methodology, and driving forward change.
This is a new, full-time role offering an attractive salary and benefits package with a clearly defined career path.
If you feel this opportunity may be of interest or wish to discuss further, please contact our recruitment team on (phone number removed).
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment