Bird Online Jobs
The Army’s airborne infantry. The core of the Special Forces Support Group, working alongside United Kingdom Special Forces worldwide. Trained to deploy on the frontline or behind enemy lines by parachute, helicopter or land, you will be part of it – a motivated and determined team at the operational cutting edge of the British Army.
Find where you belong.
You start with the 30-week PARA Combat Infantry Course at Catterick. This includes your basic training and Infantry training (Phase 1 & 2), plus the famous 'P' Company training and tests. You learn skills such as survival, firing weapons and map reading. You also get your category B (car) or C (HGV) driving license. If you’re under 17 years and 5 months, you do basic training at the Army Foundation College Harrogate (for 49 weeks) and then 14 weeks at Catterick.
Next, you do a three-week jumps course. You join your Regiment as a fully trained soldier, wearing your wings with pride.
The Army can help you gain a range of qualifications. These could include:
Vocational driving licences
ILM Team Leading Award
HM Forces Apprenticeship
Parachuting Level 2
Safe Use of Small Arms Qualification
SHOW PEOPLE WHAT YOU’RE CAPABLE OF
We'll be with you every step of the way as you move up the ranks. From the moment you begin your training you'll get all the support and encouragement you need to make a success of your career. Work hard and you'll soon get promoted, which means more responsibility and extra pay.
Become a Paratrooper and you’ll:
– Earn a starting salary of around £15,985 during Basic Training which will rise to £20,400 after completing 26 weeks’ training or after completing your Initial Trade Training, if less than 26 weeks
– Receive subsidised accommodation and facilities, increasing your disposable income
– Receive free medical and dental health cover
– Have the continuous access promotional opportunity and to continually progress your career
– Be sponsored to earn valuable civilian-recognised qualifications
– Take part in Adventurous Training and be able to play your favourite sports.
BELONG TO SOMETHING THAT MATTERS.
You should be:
Regular Army age: 16.6 – 35.6 years
Qualifications you’ll need:
No formal qualifications required
Mid Thigh Pull 76kg
Medicine Ball Throw 3.1m
2km run 8m 15s
Our next deadline for application is 30th September 2022, with further opportunities ongoing throughout the year.
FIND WHERE YOU BELONG