Bird Online Jobs
Part Time Project Support Worker (Vulnerable People / Mental Health / Substance Misuse)
North Wales Housing is a successful social enterprise providing homes and delivering services to over 2,700 households across North Wales. Although we are rapidly growing, our vision and values have always been about more than just bricks and mortar. We’re a regional market leader in providing housing and services to vulnerable people, and our tenants are at the heart of everything we do.
Our team of around 170 individuals mean a lot to us, too. We’re proud to say that we’re Gold Standard Investors in People, testament to our desire to care for our colleagues. Our People Strategy focuses on creating an environment where our people are proud to work at a place they want to be, supported to achieve their potential, give their best, and feel valued for their contribution.
Our hostels provide temporary supported housing accommodation to vulnerable people, creating support plans based on individual needs whilst helping them to find somewhere more permanent to live.
The Role – Part Time Project Support Worker (Vulnerable People / Mental Health / Substance Misuse)
Working flexibly across our hostels in Colwyn Bay, Bangor, and Llandudno, you will work closely with residents as you provide support / housing management, drafting written support plans for each individual to work towards. You will achieve this by:
* Assisting residents with their planning and preparation for moving on to more permanent accommodation
* Assisting residents to gain essential skills such as cooking, budgeting, IT literacy through effective in-house activities
* Maintaining accurate hostel records and resident files
* Assisting residents with their claims for housing and associated benefits
* Responding to and managing any incidents at the hostel appropriately
* Ensuring housekeeping and cleaning tasks are regularly carried out at the hostel
* Permanent contract
* Salary of £21,205 pro rata
* Minimum of 23 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro rata)
* Benefits platform with savings on groceries, high-street shopping, new tech, holidays etc.
* Further studies support and career development opportunities
* Employee health assistance scheme
* Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
* Generous contributory pension scheme
You’ll be working 14 hours per week. Shift patterns include occasional evening and weekend working.
Our Requirements – Part Time Project Support Worker (Vulnerable People / Mental Health / Substance Misuse)
* Ability to hold everyday conversations in Welsh
* Experience gained within either a housing or supportive environment such as care, or extensive knowledge of support needs related to homelessness
* Awareness of the support needs of vulnerable people with the ability to work alone with confidence and good judgement
* Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
* Non-judgemental and supportive approach, with ability to handle highly confidential situations in professional manner
At North Wales Housing we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of service users. This post requires an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Shortlisting of applications and interviews for this role will take place while the advert is live; the advert will close once the successful candidate is found. Candidates are therefore encouraged to submit applications as soon as possible.
When clicking apply on this job site, you will automatically be redirected to the North Wales Housing website to submit an online application