Bird Online Jobs
COWI is a pacesetter in sustainability as we move away from all fossil fuel projects. Our vision is ‘Together, we shape a sustainable and livable world’. Join us on the journey and be part of making a positive difference to communities for generations to come.
Join us in designing the future!
EXTEND YOUR POTENTIAL WITH A GLOBAL TEAM OF EXPERTS
We are looking for a Principal Engineer to join our Civil / Structural team in Glasgow, giving you the opportunity to co-create on some of the most prestigious infrastructure programmes in the UK.
On a day-to-day basis, you'll be responsible for:
* Checking and assessing projects across a wide range of engineering structures
* Coordinating the delivery of your projects to time and budget, ensuring a high standard of technical quality and compliance with our internal management systems
* Supervising and developing less experienced engineers and technicians within your project teams, working with line managers to maximise training opportunities
* Developing and maintaining client relationships through your project work, including identifying and assisting in realising any potential business opportunities
* Assisting with the preparation of bids and tenders and supporting the Directors in pursuing business development opportunities if required
* Production of engineering design, assessment or checking work including preparation or checking of calculations, written reports, and other contract deliverables
YOUR SKILLS. OUR TEAM. TOGETHER, WE DESIGN THE FUTURE
To do well in this position, we believe that you'll be eager to collaborate with others while keeping our clients engaged. You'll also pursue new insights and constantly explore new ways to improve, while respecting our clients, your colleagues, the local community, and the planet we live on.
* Be a chartered civil or structural engineer (IEng or CEng, MICE/MIStuctE)
* Have significant experience in a design environment working on general engineering structures
* Ideally possess experience in below ground structures or foundations or other technically challenging civil engineering structures
* Be able to grow project teams and organise the delivery of projects, either as client's or contractor's designer
* Be a team leader with the ability to support, mentor and develop less experienced engineers
* Have the inter-personal skills and aptitude to work collaboratively in a diverse multi-disciplinary team
* Have good communication skills, both verbal and written
WHY WORK FOR COWI
Being part of the COWI community offers more than just a competitive salary. We take care of our people both professionally and personally.
Some of our benefits include:
28 days' holiday plus all bank and public holidays | Formalised development plans and yearly promotion opportunities | Private health care, you, and your immediate dependents | Flexible and hybrid working conditions | Annual subscription fees paid for your membership of 2 Professional Institutions | Group personal pension scheme – salary exchange | Life assurance | Cycle to work scheme | Corporate gym membership | Workplace nursery vouchers | Annual season ticket scheme
As part of our commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion, we also partner with the wisecampaign with the aim of recruiting candidates to create a better gender balance.
COWI'S TEAM IN THE UK
Together with customers, partners, and colleagues, we shape a future where people and societies grow and flourish. We do that by co-creating sustainable and beautiful solutions that improve the quality of life for people today and many generations ahead.
With over 93 offices worldwide, COWI is a growing international consulting group. As a member of the UK team, you'll join our skilled experts across the transportation and energy sectors. Projects are diverse and focused on offshore wind, hydro, tunnels, bridges, and highways. We pride ourselves on delivering for our clients and the communities we serve.
Living up to our core values is a priority in the way we work. We collaborate with our customers, partners, and colleagues to connect people and places to create better solutions. We respect our environment and focus on assisting local communities thrive by creating opportunities. We are curious and forward thinking as we pursue new knowledge and insights. Most importantly, We Care.
HOW TO APPLY
All we need from you is that you upload your CV in the link below. The application deadline is stated at the top of the page.
COWI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, COWI complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training