Bird Online Jobs
Summary of Role:
A key part of the Integrated Project Team, the Principal Contracts Specialist administers and manages moderate value Contracts, supports Contract Managers with high value / complex Contracts and responds to Customer Requests for Proposal.
The Principal Contracts Specialist is the touchstone for all Commercial aspects of the IPT’s activity, throughout the lifecycle of customer engagement.
* Prepares responses to Customer ‘Requests for Proposal’
* Negotiates, administers, and manages standard Contracts and Agreements within defined limits
* Identifies and manages risk and opportunity, working collaboratively with customers and other project team members
* Creates and maintains of the Contract Management Plan and compliance matrices
* Manages and measures Contract value and performance
* Administers delivery/acceptance/invoicing of goods and services and the prompt collection of cash
* Maintenance of records
* Attends, and may present at, customer and internal reviews
* Supports, or produces, business cases/ briefing materials for senior management reviews
* Participates in cross-functional improvement activity
* Participates in quarterly financial reviews.
– Business degree or equivalent experience.
– An ability to respond to tasks with tenacity and flexibility, whilst working cross functionally in a multi-disciplinary team
– An ability to remain calm under pressure and collaborate with others
– Flexible and positive attitude
– An eye for detail.
– Excellent verbal and written communications.
– Understanding of Contract Management and Procurement principles.
– Self-motivation and independent working.
– A willingness and ability to travel occasionally.
* Awareness of Government, Aerospace and Defence contracting norms (DEFCONs, DEFSTAN’s, FAR and DFAR’s).
* Basic programme management skill set – Risk Management/Programme Gating/ Metrics
* Experience of collaborative working
* Strong record of problem solving
* Experience of working with international suppliers or customers
* Experience of dispute resolution
* Experience of Financial Management
* Awareness of Data Protection and other relevant commercial and contract legislation
* Familiarity with business process management tools (IPDS, SAP or similar) and the competitive bidding process