Bird Online Jobs
Production Operative – Multiple opportunities available, so tell your friends too! Previous experience is not essential, as full training is provided.
Join the Meridian Foods team at our factory on the Wrexham Industrial Estate, where you’ll play a key role in helping to create natural products that help us to take care of our planet.
The Role – Production Operative
As a Production Operative, you will be reporting to the Shift Production Manager and work on the production line, operating equipment and machinery and ensuring that all products produced are safe, legal and meet our high standard levels.
Your duties will include, although will not be limited to:
* Meeting daily production plan targets, and reporting issues and successes
* Following quality control procedures to ensure that food safety, quality and the environment are not compromised
* Ensuring a high standard of cleanliness of all equipment and workspaces
* Completing relevant documentation in an accurate and timely manner
As a Production Operative based at our factory on Clywedog Road in Wrexham, you’ll receive:
* Pay rate of £11.37 per hour, equivalent to £23,649 per annum
* Permanent contract, working 40 hours per week Monday to Friday on a rotating shift pattern, either 6am to 2pm or 2pm to 10pm
* Free on-site parking
* Up to 22 days annual leave plus bank holidays
* Training and career development opportunities
Our Requirements – Production Operative
Experience is not essential (as full training is provided), but you will need to have good manual handling skills and an understanding of the importance of food hygiene and health and safety in a food manufacturing environment, along with:
* A good level of numeracy and literacy skills
* Good communication skills
* Reliable, confident and able to work both independently and as part of a team
More About Us
Established since the 1980s, Meridian Foods is one of the fastest growing major food brands in the UK and Ireland, with the widest range of nut butters made in our own factory in North Wales. We are part of SHS Group, a dynamic and entrepreneurial brand owner and service provider which has been thriving for over 40 years in the fast-moving consumer goods sector, employing over 1,000 people across the UK and Ireland.
We are the first nut butter brand in the UK to be certified palm oil free. We respect the Earth and are conscious of our responsibility as food producers to have a positive impact. We source, transport, and manufacture sustainably with a commitment to the planet.
All applications for this Production Operative vacancy are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions