Bird Online Jobs
JOB TITLE: Project Controller
REPORTS TO: Project Development Manager
LOCATION: Inverness Head Office
To provide best-practice governance, to assure to the organisation that the programmes are being managed correctly, and to deliver the projects on time, to cost and quality, effective project management practices must be consistently implemented.
To provide project oversight and leadership to the management of projects through a life cycle involving tracking and reporting overall progress, providing assurance/quality control, ensuring budget compliance through financial tracking, managing risk, documenting change, supporting individual project owners and project review and closure reports. The maintenance of schedules and RAID logs, regular reporting and support for the various governance boards.
To implement and manage new information management, document control and BIM (Building Information Modelling) systems
The Project Controller will assist the Project Team in the Project Management and reporting of the Capital Plan and Revenue Plan and its associated projects.
The post holder is key to providing the governance and support for all Project streams. The individual is expected to oversee the portfolio of projects and provide support and guidance to the Project Owners and Project Managers.
* Provide effective management support to the Project Owners and Project Managers.
* Ensure that Project Plans are created and maintained, deliverables tracked against time and cost, and resource utilisation is monitored
* Monitor and report on progress of projects to the Development Manager
* Co-ordinate the review and sign off Project Management deliverables
* Provide regular reports to the Development Manager to ensure that Client Project Management methodologies are being applied consistently
* Monitor projects against time, budget, and quality standards
* Support Project Owners and Project Managers with the production of Project Management Gateway review reports
* Coordinate the management of project risks, issues and change control, communication the impact to Project owners and the Development Manager for escalation where necessary
* Ensure that project templates are maintained to support project owners and create examples from current and past projects to identify best practice
* Work closely with individual project managers to complete project documentation and ensure timely submission of project milestone reports and submit regular updates to the Development Manager
* Implement project standards across all projects
* Complete and distribute monthly portfolio level reports
* Ensure the Client Project Delivery methodology is followed, and report regularly to the Development Manager to agree any change to this
* Provide guidance and support to individual project owners, some of whom will have limited or no project management experience
* Manage the project risks and issues register
* Carry out assurance review processes
* Identify and implement processes and activities to ensure continuous improvement of the process
* Support the management of the project life cycle
* Actively involved in continuous improvement of the existing project methodology
* To implement and manage new information management, document control and BIM (Building Information Modelling) systems
* As part of Client's Asset Management Strategy a Building Information Modelling (BIM) strategy will be developed. This role will implement, manage and administer information produced as a result of the implementation of BIM.
* Proven experience in Project Control and Project Management methodologies
* Demonstrates a good understanding of working practices relevant to current role and the roles of their team
* Ensures staff are fully aware of their responsibilities and have the relevant training and knowledge to carry out their role effectively.
* Coaches and supports colleagues and team members to take responsibility for their own development through delegation, performance management and constructive feedback.
* Understands, carries out and implements risk assessments and control measures.
* Understands the structure of Client and builds effective working relationships across the organisation.
* Experience of implementing and/or managing information management, document control and BIM (Building Information Modelling) systems
* Educated to Degree level or equivalent
* Recognised formal project management qualification e.g. Prince2, APM (training can be provided)
* Experience of ISO 19650 and 12006 series of standards.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment