Bird Online Jobs
* The Project Engineer is required to take responsibility for project work assigned to them in support of the company’s core business as well as any potential new business opportunities.
* The work of the Project Engineer generally includes but is not limited to the following; office based and offshore project engineering, mentoring, tender support, project management support and business development support.
* The Project Engineer shall always demonstrate the appropriate level of professionalism when representing the company
* Acquainted in legislation and standards as relevant for area of responsibility
* Competent with relevant technical software for area of responsibility (MS Word / Excel / PowerPoint / Visio / Project)
* Engineering execution and procedure development experience.
* Oil and Gas or Energy related past engineering experience.
* Offshore execution experience in core business streams
* University degree level in relevant engineering discipline
Onshore Project Engineering-
* Demonstrate suitable level of knowledge and understanding of company’s core business streams;
* Prepare project documentation such as work procedures, method statements / procedures, reports, technical notes, MoM’s, risks assessments, cost estimates and schedules as required by the project;
* Perform review / IDC of project documentation prepared by other engineers;
* Support and advise supporting function personnel (draughting, structural, analysis, DCC etc.) to complete work packages;
* Participate in project or site HIRA’s/HAZID/HAZOP/SJA processes in conjunction with project teams and site managers;
* Attend project meetings/client conferences as required;
* Provide offshore support as required by the project.
Offshore Project Engineering:
* Demonstrate an appropriate level of knowledge and understanding of offshore project being executed;
* Prepare, report and manage all required project documentation throughout the course of the offshore works;
* Integrate with the vessel/site/platform team to ensure the work is executed correctly;
* Responsible for running the shift and attending daily project meetings if being utilised in an execution role;
* Responsible for managing subcontractors for the execution of their discreet packages within the offshore scope;
* Participate/run offshore HIRA’s/SJA processes in conjunction with project teams, offshore managers and vessel crew.
* Oversee and mentor graduate engineers on technical matters and company/industry standards;
Tender & Proposal Support:
* Assist Project Managers/Senior Project Engineers as required during tendering scopes;
* Prepare/provide input into tender documentation such as scope of work, ITT and RFQ as required.
* Prepare/provide input into proposal documentation such as CTRs, manpower plans, MDR’s, method statements, schedules and final proposals as required to support company proposals for work.
Project Management Support
* Support the Project Manager as required with deliverables such as weekly/monthly reporting, cost budgeting, tracking and forecasting;
* Assist the Project Manager in developing CTRs and schedule throughout the duration of the project to support execution works.
Business Development Support:
* Support the business development function in attracting new business and liaising with clients as required by the Business Development Manager;
* Promote business development outside of the workplace to positively enhance the reputation of the company