Bird Online Jobs
Quality Systems Manager
Our client is truly a global organisation who produce product that manages our everyday lives and drives technology across a variety of industries. The have manufacturing capacity across the globe and a successful history of innovation to achieve growth by focusing on product development, design, and in-house manufacturing.
Their state-of-the-art Glenrothes facility is a critical part of the business and the award-winning site with a rich local history is seen as a standard bearer for innovation and driving modern manufacturing principles.
The effective and highly regarded team are looking for an experienced quality professional to support the business who will lead quality in a matrix style organisation and have responsibility for ensuring the quality system is managed effectively.
The successful hire will ensure that the systems and processes are robust, working collaboratively with the teams so that processes are adhered and followed. They will own the quality system, control how things are produced and be an accredited auditor.
* Manage internal system audits as appropriate
* Work with teams to improve all incoming quality control (IQC) systems, with support from other departments
* Support procurement with the identification and assessment of new suppliers
* Assist procurement in the continued monitoring and measurement of existing supply chain including periodic reviews
* Manage defective material control systems with support from other departments as required
* Support colleagues to manage the customer complaints process for the Glenrothes site, liaising with other departments to ensure progression and closure
* Investigate quality concerns/complaints from customers ensuring timely 8D reports are produced, followed up and closed
* Have responsibility for the governance and optimisation of site Document Management System
* Support new product development and innovation projects (PDI) in relation to quality aspects and supplier quality
* Achieve a high-level quality plan generation including specific contract support
This stand-alone role offering Hybrid working is looking for a quality system specialist with ability to coach and mentor others. Although the successful quality manager will have no direct reports, they will work with colleagues to ensure the site has a robust quality management system and processes are maintained. We are open to the type of manufacturing environment you will have worked in and happy to consider candidates looking for the step up in their career or experienced quality managers looking to specialise in a quality management system role