Bird Online Jobs
Who Are We?
RSE is the leading contractor of choice in the design, build & maintenance of water treatment & water recycling equipment. Delivering products and services to clients across the UK, our unique offering to the market focuses on innovation, efficiency, and excellence. Established in 1982, RSE has grown into one of the most prominent specialist engineering businesses in the UK water industry. We have created an in-house full-service capability from project inception through to design, fabrication, and delivery. In addition to this, we also have one of the largest servicing and maintenance teams in the market space, to ensure we’re always on hand for all our client needs.
We have created a service offering for our clients that presents innovative solutions to our industry and our dedicated staff play a key role in delivering our business and sustainability goals. We have grown to over 1400 staff across our Group of companies, with a strategic ambition that will see the business continue to grow as we expand our operations and diversify our products with lofty ambitions to continue to grow our capabilities. One of RSE’s key focuses is driving servant leadership, giving our people the opportunity and responsibility to take an entrepreneurial approach in their roles to further their careers.
What Are We Looking For?
Our Commercial team is looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join our office in Cumbernauld. Your role will involve working with an established team to manage and deliver the financial and commercial aspects of individual projects and larger portfolios of frameworks.
Some of Your Key Duties Include:
* Preparation of Activity Schedules, Bills of Quantities and Resource profiling.
* Preparation of Applications for Payment for submission to Client(s).
* Reviewing project work scopes, notifying, and preparing variations as necessary.
* Sub-contract administration including developing sub-contract documents, reviewing, and agreeing valuations, managing variations, and negotiating final accounts.
* Analysing the commercial progress of allocated projects working closely with the project delivery team.
* Preparing internal reports such as financial reconciliation and anticipated project performance.
* Negotiating final account with Client(s).
What Do You Need?
* RICS recognised qualification or equivalent in one or more of the following – Surveying, Construction, Civil Engineering or Structural Engineering
* Ability to interpret drawings and specifications to allow the preparation of Bills of Quantities/Schedules of Rates and other such procurement documentation.
* Experience in contract final accounts including valuations and variations required.
* Experience in NEC contracts would be beneficial.
* Good IT literacy with competency in Excel.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
What RSE Offer
To build successful teams and drive the level of quality that RSE is renowned for, we know we need the best people in industry. Not only do we require the relevant skillsets, but we also need people with the right attitude and mentality to thrive and grow in such an innovative industry. At RSE, you’ll be given every opportunity to set the path of your own career through our Business Streams and work in an environment that will require you to rise to the challenge of working for a market leader.
* Industry-leading salary
* A flexible career development path, with no restrictions on where your career can go
* Holiday Allowance of 31 days per year, rising to 33 days per year after 2 years’ service
* Company Pension Scheme
* Access to our network of health professionals including Mental Health Champions and Occupational Health Nurse
In a flourishing sector where there are vast career opportunities available, we believe our niche offering to the market means our people have the space to thrive and innovate our industry. If you’re interested in a career with a company that will harness your skills and provides you with the support to create your own future, then please apply. We’re excited to take you on the journey and continuing to grow as the UK water industry’s contractor of choice