Bird Online Jobs
We are recruiting for an SC Cleared Senior Infrastructure Engineer to work on contract for a leading Defence and Space organisation based on site at their Newport office. The role can be condensed to a 4 day week actioning 37 hours.
The role will require candidates with an extensive working knowledge of Microsoft technologies with experience of working with virtualisation platforms such as VMware, ideally including a high level of automation. The position requires a minimum of +5 years' experience within a similar role preferably working in a secure environment.
The Senior Infrastructure Engineer will need to leverage their practical design knowledge for implementing Microsoft and VMware technologies and virtualisation techniques to build, integrate and deliver the system architecture. These tasks will be against a project work breakdown structure, for either individual standalone projects or elements of a bigger programme. The role is varied and demanding and will require the individual to be proactive in taking the lead for key areas.
The successful candidate must be proactive, diligent with a strong technical ability, and they must have skills in both presentation and customer relations both at a technical and non-technical level. The role includes both hands-on implementation tasks, and design work in support of the solution. The successful candidate must be proactive, diligent with a strong technical ability.
The current projects will require an awareness of operating infrastructure services in a secured environment
A successful candidate will be directly responsible for:
* Infrastructure and virtualisation implementation across multiple projects.
* Supports to bids
* Execution of Work packages for the project or programme
* Hands on deployment of their Knowledge of Microsoft and Virtualisation Techniques
* Fault finding and problem solving
* Supporting other enabling technologies
Skills & Experience
* Exposure of working with a 24/7 high availability & highly secure systems; Skillful in identifying design risks.
* Proven experience of designing multi-vendor complex secure communications and information exchange network interfaces to government grade.
* Proven experience of development of prototype secure solution within a multi-disciplined team whilst providing operational (day-to-day) support.
* Proven experience of working with product vendors to optimize a solution from a technical axis.
* Working knowledge of JSP's, Cabinet Office Technical Design Documents, CESG GPG's, NATO STANAGs
* Proven experience working within at least 1of the following customers environments UK MOD, NATO and Central Government
* Application of security hardening/lockdown of systems
* Experience in implementing certificate based network solutions
* Have completed a recognised Engineering Apprentice with HNC-D or Engineering Qualification to Degree level
* ITIL v3 Foundation
Demonstrable Skills/Qualifications in the following areas:
* Microsoft Windows Security (GAP, Security Compliance Manager, Windows Firewall)
* MCSE 2016 design level
* Microsoft Windows Server
* Workstation operating systems
* Distributed Active Directory Management
* Microsoft Exchange 2013+
* MS SCOM 2016 R2
* MS SCCM 2016 R2
* SQL Server (Apply online only)
* VMWare design level experienceVMware VDIVMware vCentervSphere V6.5