Bird Online Jobs
Scheme Project Manager
Nayr Recruitment are currently looking for a Scheme Project Manager based in Cardiff for a 6 months contract within the rail sector.
Duration: 6 months
Location: St Patricks House – Cardiff, CF10 5ZA – Must attend the office 5 days per week in Cardiff.
IR35: Inside – Pay Rate: UMB £390 / PAYE £286.45- Security Clearance: DBS
* Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience.
* Membership (or working towards membership) of the Association for Project Management.
* Achieved PRINCE2 Foundation or equivalent.
* Good stakeholder engagement and communication skills.
* Successful relevant experience including experience of contracting and project delivery.
* Knowledge and experience of project budget management.
* Good evaluation and decision-making skills.
* Project safety management and Health and Safety legislation knowledge.
* Knowledge safety cases in support of projects.
* Experience in the Rail Industry Sector (including application of GRIP, and Construction Design Management (CDM) on simple projects).
* Knowledge of Network Rail’s Project, Investment, Commercial and Procurement practices.
* Experience in risk identification, assessment and mitigation.
* Flexible and pro-active approach.
* You will be a team player with willingness to learn, challenge and get involved.
* Knowledge of Network Rail’s assets and how they are managed.
Scheme Project Managers work across the full portfolio of infrastructure investment from minor renewals through to complex multi-disciplinary programmes. Accountable for managing the safe and effective delivery of low complexity projects (LoC 3 and 4) OR working as part of a multi-disciplinary team supporting the project or programme manager deliver key outputs of complex projects and programmes (LoC 1 and 2) in order to meet client requirements to time, cost, quality, and performance.
* Accountable for delivery of low complexity projects or parts of complex projects in a safe & environmentally responsible manner to time, cost and quality, in accordance with the Governance of Railway Investment Projects (GRIP), applicable Network Rail company standards, current legislation and procedures including HMRI guidance where appropriate.
* Support the project Sponsor in preparing and maintaining definitions of the project requirements
* Manage multi-disciplinary teams including commercial, programme controls, engineering, and others to identify solutions to client requirements and establish a robust baseline plan.
* Identify and monitor project risks (threats and opportunities), plan and implement mitigations to them, and respond to other issues that affect the project
* Implement and update resource allocation plans needed for delivery of the project including identification and management of critical resource requirements. Secure resources needed for projects from internal and external sources.
* Managing stakeholders, taking account of their levels of influence and particular interests.
* Managing project reviews at appropriate points throughout the project lifecycle which will inform governance decisions of projects by providing evaluations of progress, performance, risk, contingency, and continuing relevance.
* Establish, and implement where necessary, protocols to change the scope of projects and updating configuration documents as required.
* Support accident investigations when remitted to by the relevant designated competent person
* Description of the work the candidate will be covering.
* M&E projects (business plan and Minor works)
* PPM (route compliance for the WROC, Gas testing, fire alarms, electric gates, L8 compliance etc.)
* M&E reactive works as and when they arise
* This post will cover all of Wales and Borders and will involve the management of our supply chain to deliver works
If you have the skills and experience to for the role and would like to discuss please apply with your cv