Bird Online Jobs
What Are We Looking For?
Our in-house Design department is looking for a Senior Process Design Engineer to join the team in Cumbernauld. As a key member of RSE’s Process Engineering team, the successful candidate will be working within RSE’s Design department providing process design input, formulating, and developing designs for clients. This will primarily involve developing solutions for water and wastewater projects for RSE’s SR21 Framework for Scottish Water, with typical project values between £2-3 million, but may also include other municipal and industrial clients. This work is delivered by RSE’s core delivery teams in Cumbernauld, whilst additionally working with other delivery teams throughout the UK.
Some of Your Key Duties Include:
* Initial project scoping visit and preparation of project scope reports.
* Process calculations and process unit sizing.
* Preparation of P&IDs.
* Preparation of Process Control Philosophies.
* Working with a multidisciplinary team to develop full solutions.
* Participation in design meetings, including but not limited to HAZOPs.
* Acting as Design Lead for a limited number of projects.
* Specifying temporary treatment requirements to ensure no consent breaches occur during construction activities.
* Input into commissioning plans.
* Trouble shooting operational issues.
What Do You Need?
As an experienced Process Engineer, the ideal candidate will possess strong technical knowledge both in the design and operation of water and wastewater projects (or similar). Ideally you will be able to demonstrate prior experience of leading a small team of process engineers and possess excellent problem-solving abilities to meet client specific requirements.
* Demonstrable experience in process engineering or a similar industry environment.
* Process design engineering experience within municipal water/wastewater is highly desirable.
* Experience of working in a multidiscipline design team.
* Design management experience is highly desirable.
* Programme/financial management is highly desirable.
* Experience of working at all design stages, from optioneering/FEED through to construction support and As-Built is highly desirable.
* Experience of plant commissioning and/or plant operation is preferrable.
* Chartered engineer with a relevant professional body is preferrable.
* Possess the ability to work on multiple projects consecutively.
Who Are We?
RSE is the leading contractor of choice in the design, build & maintenance of water treatment & water recycling equipment. Delivering products and services to clients across the UK, our unique offering to the market focuses on innovation, efficiency, and excellence.
Established in 1982, RSE has grown into one of the most prominent specialist engineering businesses in the UK water industry. We have created an in-house full-service capability from project inception through to design, fabrication, and delivery by means of installation and commissioning. We additionally have one of the largest servicing and maintenance teams in the market space, to ensure we’re on hand for all our client needs.
We have created a service offering for our clients that presents innovative solutions to our industry and our dedicated staff play a key role in delivering our business and sustainability goals. We have grown to over 1400 staff across our Group of companies, with a strategic ambition that will see the business continue to grow as we expand our operations and diversify our products. One of RSE’s key focuses is driving servant leadership, giving our people the opportunity and responsibility to take an entrepreneurial approach in their roles to further their careers.
What RSE Offer
To build successful teams and drive the level of quality that RSE is renowned for, we know we need the best people in industry. Not only do we require the relevant skillsets, but we also need people with the right attitude and mentality to thrive and grow in such an innovative industry. At RSE, you’ll be given every opportunity to set the path of your own career through our Business Streams and work in an environment that will require you to rise to the challenge of working for a market leader.
* Industry-leading salary
* A flexible career development path, with no restrictions on where your career can go
* Holiday Allowance of 31 days per year, rising to 33 days per year after 2 years’ service
* Company Pension Scheme
* Access to our network of health professionals including Mental Health Champions and Occupational Health Nurse
In a flourishing sector where there are vast career opportunities available, we believe our niche offering to the market means our people have the space to thrive and innovate our industry. If you’re interested in a career with a company that will harness your skills and provides you with the support to create your own future, then please apply. We’re excited to take you on the journey and continuing to grow as the UK water industry’s contractor of choice