Bird Online Jobs
DAY AND NIGHT SHIFTS ARE AVAILABLE.
Purpose of the role:
Under the supervision of the Line Manager, the job holder will provide a range of assistance with the key tasks that enable people to maintain an independent and ordinary lifestyle wherever possible.
Client Group Description:
The client provides residential, nursing or community services to adults between the ages of 18 and 65 years who have a learning disability or mental health needs. Occasionally some of our residents may exhibit challenging behavior.
Duties and Responsibilities
· To carry out all Company duties, tasks and responsibilities in accordance with the Company's principles of care, whilst ensuring the safety, care and well-being of service users and colleagues at all times.
· To handle service users' finances where appropriate and record all transactions as outlined within Company guidelines.
· To encourage the service user to develop and maintain skills in all reasonable and practical situations, through occupational therapy or work placement.
· To assist service users with personal care as outlined in individual care specifications with due regard to the dignity and privacy of the person ensuring that any continence issues are dealt with sensitively.
· Prepare food in accordance with the service user’s choice, dietary requirements, and preferred methods in a safe and hygienic manner.
· Assist the service user with eating and drinking as required.
· Administer such prescribed medication as is required in accordance with the Company's administration of medicines policy.
· Maintain confidentiality regarding all issues and information relating to service users within the bounds of the Company's policy on confidentiality and observe service users’ rights.
· To actively encourage service users to participate in any social, educational and leisure pursuits or general activities. To provide practical support to enable them to do so.
· Read and keep up to date with Company policy through Policy and Procedure and Human Resources manuals available within the homes and the Company guidance notes issued to all staff and updated on a regular basis.
· Following completion of Induction Training, embark upon QCF Level 2 in Health & Social Care and complete training within the agreed timescale.
· Comply with the Company's, service users' or Social Services Department's reporting requirements with regard to monitoring the care of service users, statistical, financial or quality assurance information.
· To attend staff meetings and Company training.
· To provide a respectable role model for service users and respect the integrity of the Company at all times.
· If an approved driver, to drive Company vehicles with due care and attention taking into account the needs, safety and comfort of service users.
· To report any suspicions, concerns, or if witnessing any incidents affecting the safety or well-being of service users/patients to a senior colleague immediately.
AN ENHANCED DISCLOSURE FROM THE CRIMINAL RECORDS BUREAU IS REQUIRED FOR THIS ROLE