Bird Online Jobs
The Role – Temporary Logistics Coordinator
Length of Assignment – 6 months
Pay Rate – £12 per hour
Location – Glasgow (West)
Hours – Full-time – Hybrid Working
Office Angels Glasgow have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Logistics Administrator to join our client at their base in the West of Glasgow.
Our client works within a modern/dynamic sector and there is potential for the role to become a permanent position for the right candidate. However initially, we will only be short listing candidates who can commit to the entirety of the 6-month contract.
After the training period has been completed hybrid working is available but there is also the option to be fully office based.
Ideally, we are looking for a candidate who has at least 2 years of Administrative experience, preferably with a background in logistics.
This is a fast-paced role, with a strong focus on organisation and attention to detail.
How your day will look –
* Coordinate domestic and international shipping (collections & deliveries) of all materials and tooling to our internal/external customer requirements
* Issue and review all domestic and international shipping paperwork
* Monitor all domestic and international shipments, trouble shoot matters arising and communicate accordingly with customers
* Issuing import/exports clearance instructions, expedite and review all import/ export declarations for completeness via appointed brokers, requesting amendments where appropriate
* Maintain goods records and ensure they are in line with HMRC authorisations
* Query resolution to support accounts payable process
* To provide logistics advice/support to the wider team as required
* Identify business improvement opportunities and support their implementation
Skills and Attributes –
* Results driven
* Experience within a logistics / freight forwarding / import and export environment
* Demonstrated experience in booking and coordinating air, sea and road shipments globally
* Demonstrated experience in customs administration and record keeping
* Strong MS office experience – especially Excel.
* Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers at varying levels of the business
* Attention to detail whilst working to tight deadlines
This is a great chance to join a prestigious organisation and develop your experience. If this sounds like the perfect role for you, please apply today or give the office a call on (phone number removed).
Working as a temp is an ideal way of exploring different job roles and industries. It's also gives you control of your own work/life balance. Here are just some of the benefits you can expect when you become part of the Office Angels team:
Employed directly with Office Angels, meaning we're always on hand to ensure you're being well looked after
Access to discount vouchers with many high street brands
Eye care vouchers and money towards glasses should you require them for VDU purposes
We can search for permanent work whilst you're in assignments and offer expert interview support and advice
Pension scheme option (with employer contributions)
28 days paid annual leave (Based on a weekly accrual)
Statutory Sick Pay in the unfortunate event you find yourself under the weather
Access to our assistance programme that provides free, confidential and independent advice on a range of issues including grief, stress and legal issues
Should you wish to pursue a different career path, we have several sister businesses which cover almost every sector and specialism
We're proud to say our consultants are experts in recruitment and are more than happy to discuss the benefits in more detail; please contact your local Office Angels branch for further information.
Office Angels acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Office Angels UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Office Angels. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website