Bird Online Jobs
The business is a multimodal specialist logistics provider for medical and healthcare communities. They operate temperature-controlled vehicles in UK, Denmark, Germany, Ireland, and Spain along with a global network of specialist partners.
You will be delivering and collection pharmaceutical based items, so attention to detail is key.
· Monday to Friday
· Early starts from around 6am
· Some weekend overtime work, but notice given.
· £24,000 basic salary
· £30 Night out paid directly non-taxable.
· Away from hub/base 5 hours payment – payments starting from £5, full details given at interview.
· Loyalty bonus paid annual.
· Plus, performance and business met targets year end bonus.
· Potential to earn £2000 + on top of basic salary.
· 20 Days Holiday.
· Plus, bank holidays.
· Free parking
· Career Progression
· Min 6 months driving experience in a van.
· Clean driving licence
· 5 Year checkable history
· DBS check – Paid for by the company.
· May require a CO certificate, paid for by the company.
· Due to nature of the business and security you will be required to sign a NDA at interview stage.
· Flexible driver that doesn’t mind nights out.
· Van Deliveries and collections
· Temperature controlled vehicles (Not essential as full training given)
· Dry Ice use/pharmaceutical deliveries and collections (Not essential as full training given)
· PDA use
· Route planning
As a Driver you will be expected to:
· Make safe delivery and collection of goods.
· Deliveries and collections in and around your hub location.
· Some long-distance driving as and when required.
· Deliveries to sites of tight security regulations so able to communicate in a clear and effective manner.
· Complete a daily maintenance check and cleaning of vehicle to ensure sensitization.
· Adhere to all driving regulations.
· Some warehouse work may be required including forklift use, no licence required. Again, full training given.
· Represent the company in a professional manner.
Please note branch differences (Full details explained at interview stage)
Oxford – As per job spec.
Margate – Additional work alongside standard duties – some shuttle runs required for one person, this is on a rota basis with the whole team, you will be required to attend site at midnight/early hours and load/prepare vehicles for yourself next runs again overtime and expenses covered.
Edinburgh – Remote / hot desk location, you will be required to use off site facilities to fulfil role and all expenses will be covered, and hours are flexible – part time or full time.
If this sounds like the job for you and you meet the criteria above – we would love to hear from you
* If you do not hear from us your application has been unsuccessful, this is company policy due to applicant volumes and experience/skill criteria hasn’t been met. You can view all our latest positions on our website and join our job alerts email to be the first to know and apply direct. Thank You