Bird Online Jobs
Job Title: Workshop Electrician
Department: Central Engineering Workshops
Salary circa: £30,000 per annum + benefits
Shift Pattern: Days
Acorn is currently looking to recruit an Workshop Electrician within our client's Central Engineering Workshop department at their Llanwern site. Within this role, you will perform preventative maintenance, inspection work, and provide expertise to identify and rectify faults in complex systems to ensure manufacturing continuity.
The Workshop Electrician will ensure all activity is undertaken within health, safety, and environmental requirements, and in compliance with company and legislative requirements.
You will work as part of a team to ensure manufacturing performance on an ongoing basis, support manufacturing development plans, and identify opportunities for improvement.
What are we looking for?
* Ideally, applicants will be qualified to ONC level, which will have normally been obtained through a craft apprenticeship in electrical engineering or hold a Modern Apprenticeship certificate
* You will be required to have relevant experience in electrical systems and be capable of supervising personnel in the safe execution of engineering repair work
* We require applicants to have the ability to demonstrate excellent communication and organisational skills and be computer literate
* The ability to work without close supervision, yet under pressure and to tight timescales is essential
Our client offers their employees significant benefits packages; for this role, you will benefit from:
* A market competitive salary
* 35 days holidays per annum
* Quarterly bonus (subject to business performance)
* One of the UK's leading defined contribution pension schemes (10% employer contribution / 6% employee contribution)
* Annual pay review
* Employee discount scheme
We also have an extensive list of lifestyle benefits including childcare vouchers, free on-site parking at all of our sites, an employee assistance programme, as well as discounts with local and national retailers and services.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment